Crisp signature, Symfony & Google Tag Manager
June 21, 2019
Crisp is a great tool to have a chat on a website. It’s a french company, it’s VERY easy to install and their people are reactive when you have some questions.
It offers a nice feature : getting user’s email certified in the backoffice tool. Notice the green badge on the screenshot:
Here are the steps to enable the signature on the website using GTM to handle the scripts:
Add the secret key to your env files (or configuration in preprod/prod)
Make it available in the config/services.yaml file:
- Create the twig extension - src/Twig/CrispExtension.php
- Create the helper containing the ‘logic’
- Add the elements to the datalayer inside your twig templates. Here in the of my
- In GTM, create the datalayer variables:
- In GTM, Create the according Tag which and trigger it AFTER the global crisp tag.
- Publish the new version in GTM … and enjoy!
Written by Nicolas Schwartz, co-founder & CTO @Coverd, ex-BlaBlaCar who loves to build things. You should follow him on Twitter